- After an announcement in August Twitter have released their geotagging api. At this stage the functionality isn’t available at twitter.com, however a number of third party applications have implemented support already.
- Safe software are considering a ’Freemium’ model for FME, based on reading a book I recommended earlier this year call ‘Free’ by Chris Anderson
- GeoServer 2.0 has been released. This release features a totally redesigned user interface
- PostGIS now supports spherical objects. This functionality will be available in the 1.5 release, however you can get it now in the experimental binaries
- QGIS are looking at incorporating dynamic forms into the 1.4 release
- gvSIG 1.9 has been released
Email me directly here or find me on Twitter